Thursday, August 27, 2015

Camera Love

I love old film cameras; they are works of art to me. One of my classes is The History of Photography and it has opened up my love for these old cameras even more. Before class started I went to a local pawn shop - more of a flea market really - and purchased a couple of SLR film cameras. To my dismay, I got the cameras home only to find that neither worked. Today I took them back and begged the old gentleman to let me trade them. I managed to talk him into letting me have four working cameras in trade. I was so excited, because one of the cameras is an old Kodak Duaflex IV (basically a Brownie camera). I've loaded it with some film and am going to test it out tomorrow.

My second favorite camera of the four I got today is the one pictured below. I am just a die-hard Canon lover and I practically salivate at the sight of a vintage Canon camera.


Canon G-III QL. Photo by Stephanie Gomez. Please, do not reuse my photos without express WRITTEN permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment