Saturday, May 30, 2015

A Photo A Day

My Photo A Day project is back in swing. Although the lens hood for my favorite lens (50mm) did not fit, I still used it for these shots I took of my granddaughters, Lily & Lexi today. It was probably not the best idea to try and get photos of two fidgety toddlers who only wanted to blow bubbles and play. I seriously need to find more subjects for my photos. I like old buildings and houses, but I really love taking photos of people. Lily and Lexi are adorable, but I already have tons of photos of them.

I saw so many interesting people, but I still haven't worked up the nerve to ask if I can photograph stranger and it was difficult to approach anyone with Lily and Lexi complaining that they just came to blow bubbles. I love my little granddaughters and I get that they have about had it with every outing turning into a photo shoot. 

Below is a photo of the girls standing on a corner near Sunset Avenue in Asheboro. I didn't ask them to pose or do anything in particular. Lexi chose a stiff stance with her arms to her sides while Lily kept it casual with her hands behind her back. The girls are wearing tops/dresses that I made for them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment