Monday, July 20, 2015

Hands - Janna

For years I've thought of different photo projects or series that I would do if given the chance. One idea that I've had for quite some time is to do a series entitled "Hands". I have always had a fascination with hands. I studied art for two years in high school and drawing hands was my biggest weakness. I guess that's one reason I wanted to do a photography series on hands; maybe I can't draw them, but I can definitely try photographing hands. 

And so it begins. This is the first in a series of photos I will do entitled hands. Indeed, I believe that we can tell as much about a person by their hands (and what their hands are doing) as we can by their eyes and facial expressions. I am, of course, starting this series off with photos of people closest to me and will make my way outward. This is also my way of pushing myself into doing some street photography. With a dedicated project, I can begin the process of approaching random people and asking them for an opportunity to take photos. Wish me luck.


Knitting her first pair of fingerless gloves. 



No comments:

Post a Comment