Sunday, July 12, 2015

Lessons Learned

I decided to do some cyber cleaning, of sorts, and so I got out my portable hard drive recently and started looking through my photos. When I got that first Canon DSLR camera a few years ago I don't know why I felt the need to edit so much. I mean really a good photograph only needs to be resized and possibly tweak the exposure a little this way or that way. There's no need to add vignette or tune up the sharpness so high that it makes the photo appear too fake. 

The photo below might be a pretty good example of my over-editing and I certainly am learning to stay away from that vignette feature. I remember when I did these photos of my granddaughter, Lily I wanted the end result to look old or timeless, but I really overdid the old photo look in editing. 

I'm sure I have the original photo and once I find it, I think I'll try editing it differently and see what I come up with. I love fantasy photos and they will definitely always be a part of my work, but I also strongly prefer natural, unscripted photos that require very little editing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment