Sunday, July 5, 2015

The Staircase

We visited Blandwood Mansion twice last week. First, my daughter Daisy and I took my five year old granddaughter, Lily on Wednesday and we enjoyed it so much we asked my daughter and son in law, Clint to come along with both granddaughters on Friday. Clint is as much into history as Daisy, so we knew it would not be a boring trip for us. When we visited Wednesday, I didn't take my camera in because I wasn't sure it was allowed. I was told by our guide that they encourage photography on the tours of Blandwood. Needless to say, I had my camera loaded and ready to shoot on our second trip. 

I took lots of interesting pictures, but I found the one below to be one of the most interesting of them all. There is just something ghostly about the staircase reflecting in the mirror. Most everything in Blandwood Mansion is original to the house or to that period of time. It's a beautiful site to see and I think we will be visiting there often since it's only a short twenty-five minute drive from our home in Asheboro. 


I cropped the photograph a bit so that it was more centered and used a sepia-ish color tone for dramatic effect. You can see light reflecting off the walls from a table lamp just below and to the left of the mirror and a frosted light fixture above. 



Read more about Blandwood Mansion. 



No comments:

Post a Comment